Pumpkin Fetta salad
There are a gazillion pumpkin and fetta salads around – I know I’ve tried one in the past with spinach leaves and sun-dried tomatoes. Today’s recipe is quick and simple – my favourite kind.
1kg pumpkin, chopped into small cubes (blue or butternut)
1 onion, chopped finely (red or brown)
1/2 cup pine nuts
125g fetta cheese
1/2 cup italian parsley
2 tbspns balsamic vinegar
2 tbspns olive oil
salt & pepper
1. Pan fry the pine nuts without oil for 2 minutes, stirring so they don’t burn
2. Microwave the pumpkin cubes for around 4-5 minutes until mostly soft
3. Pan fry the onion with half of the oil, until softened
4. Add pumpkin, balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper to the onion, and fry until lightly coloured
5. Add fetta and parsley and remaining olive oil and stir.
Chop pumpkin into bite-sized pieces:
My absolute favourite fetta cheese on earth – the garlic makes it stupendous
It only takes one pan..