Carrot and quinoa tabbouleh
This one is a real winner. Even before you add the quinoa.
1 cup quinoa
2 cups vegetable broth
4 large carrots
1/4 cup walnuts
1 tablespoon shallots
1/4 cup italian parsley
1/4 cup mint
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon allspice
salt and pepper to taste
1. Rinse quinoa in cold water.
2. Bring vegetable broth to the boil, then add quinoa.
3. Stir well, then cover and reduce heat to medium low for around 20 minutes, until liquid is absorbed and quinoa is getting fluffy.
4. Allow to cool while you prepare the other ingredients.
5. Finely chop the shallots, parsley and mint.
6. Add in the lemon juice, allspice and salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
7. Finely chop the carrots and walnut, and add to the herb mixture.
8. When quinoa is cool, add to mixture and stir well.
9. Cool in refrigerator before serving.